Friday, December 10, 2010

Packing

I really love the task of packing up my creations
to send off to their new home.
It's not something that I rush through.
I take great care to
wrap each one carefully and lovingly.
It’s the last time I’ll see them after
all that time we spend together.

I love to imagine them arriving;
The box being opened;
The packages unwrapped.
My hands to their hands.
My home to their home.
My heart to their heart.

It’s a funny thing to imagine
something you’ve created
in someone else's home.


A lovely & wonderful thing.

3 comments:

  1. It's such a lovely way to make a connection, isn't it? It's heartwarming to think that something that you have loved and laboured over, is so appreciated by someone else that they will take it into their homes and make it a part of their holidays for years to come.
    congratulations on all your sales too. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It absolutely is ... it's such am honour to me. I know you feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you take time to contemplate the process. I also say farewell to things as I mail them away.

    ReplyDelete